Bueno Aires, Argentina
May 27 through July 17.
That's the dates for the 2010 WSOP. The $10,000 buy-in Main Event begins on July 5th.
Start building that bankroll. Plan your vacation. Send your two week's notice around May 1st. But make sure you divorce your wife after the WSOP. You don't want divorce attorneys digging into your bankroll or tilting your during the Main Event.
Six chances at playing with fellow Broke Dicks in six different $1,000 buy-in NL events. Last year, they had one "discounted" event and 2010 features six. That doesn't count the seven $1,500 Donkaments... for a total of 13 bracelets well within the reach of the commoners. Of course you're gonna have to beat anywhere from 2,000 to 3,500 people in order to make it happen, but as they say... even donkeys have dreams.
I'll be returning to Las Vegas to cover my sixth WSOP. Gonna rage it solo again on Tao of Poker with a little help from the Tao All Stars. Sweet Jesus, is that right... six WSOPs? Six. Seems like just yesterday that I got offered a job by the Poker Prof and Flipchip to cover the WSOP. What a trip since then...
Anyway, I told myself that I wouldn't think about the 2010 WSOP until the first week in March. So here we are. The WSOP is just around the corner and the November Nine is eight plus months away (scheduled for November 6-9th).
Harrah's made some changes. Some are good. Others are neutral. A few blow. But hey, that's the WSOP. It wouldn't be what it is without someone complaining about something! But the indoor Poker Kitchen returns. The Poker Tent will finally RIP, but then where is everyone going to smoke weed?
Here's the skinny...
• 57 gold bracelet events over 51 days.
• Expanded footprint – The giant Pavilion Ballroom (58,000 sq. feet) will be in use this year for poker in the Rio Convention Center. The Pavilion is the largest ballroom at the Rio, and along with the famed Amazon Room (38,000 sq. feet), will make-up the playing rooms for this year’s WSOP. The entire convention space will be used.
• Expanded capacity – Along with expanded footprint, comes more poker tables. A record 295 tables were utilized last year, and this year’s configuration is still being plotted, but expected to offer about 20 percent more tables.
• No Food Tent – The outdoor food tent will now become an indoor food court experience. The Miranda Ballroom, last year used as a room for play, will be converted into a food court with a variety of popular food items for players and spectators.
• Sensational Structures & Starting Chips – Drafting off last year’s success, all gold bracelet events in 2010 will feature triple the buy-in in starting chips and deep structures, providing plenty of play.
• $25K 6-Handed No-Limit – A new event this year will be a $25,000 buy-in 6-handed No-Limit Hold’em 4-day event. Event #52 begins on Wednesday, June 30 at 12 noon.
• $50K Players Championship – The Chip Reese Trophy is up for grabs at the $50,000 buy-in eight-game mixed event, dubbed the Players Championship, which is being morphed from the $50K H.O.R.S.E. tournament run the past four years. This new eight-game format will serve as the true test of the game’s greatest all-around player and receive star treatment, with ESPN cameras covering the five-day event for television. Event #2 starts on Friday, May 28 at 5:00 PM.
• Still Plenty of H.O.R.S.E. – A new $10,000 buy-in H.O.R.S.E. Championship tournament will be offered, to go along with $1,500 and $3,000 buy-ins to the popular game.
• The 4th annual Ante Up For Africa Celebrity-Charity Tournament -- $5,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em celebrity and charity tournament on Saturday, July 3, (two days before the Main Event begins) featuring the opportunity for anyone age 21 or older to enter and be seated at the same table as A-list celebrities and top poker pros.
• The Ladies Only No-Limit Hold’em Championship – On Friday, June 11, featuring a $1,000 buy-in and helping to raise awareness for the Nevada Cancer Institute, the official community relations partner of the World Series of Poker.
• The Seniors Only No-Limit Hold’em Championship – On Friday, June 18 , featuring a $1,000 buy-in for all poker enthusiasts 50 years of age or older.
• June $550 No-Limit Hold’em Tournaments – Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 1:00 PM throughout June, the Rio will host new $550 No-Limit Hold’em tournaments for those looking for a Hold’em fix. These are one-day structured tournaments, and not bracelet events.
Here's the schedule this year...
2010 WSOP Schedule:If you want to read the official WSOP rules... click here for the pdf.
Fri, May 28th @ 12:00pm Event #1: Casino Employees NL - $500
Fri, May 28th @ 5:00pm Event #2: Player's Championship (8-Game Mixed) - $50,000
Sat, May 29th @ 12:00pm Event #3: NL Broke Dicks - $1,000
Sun, May 30th @ 5:00pm Event #4: Omaha 8 - $1,500
Mon, May 31st @ 12:00pm Event #5: NNL Donkament - $1,500
Tue, Jun 1st @ 12:00pm Event #6: NL Shootout (2000 players max) - $5,000
Tue, Jun 1st @ 5:00pm Event #7: 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball (Limit) - $2,500
Wed, Jun 2nd @ 12:00pm Event #8: NL Donkament - $1,500
Thu, Jun 3rd @ 12:00pm Event #9: PLH - $1,500
Thu, Jun 3rd @ 5:00pm Event #10: Seven-Card Stud Championship - $10,000
Fri, Jun 4th @ 11:00am Event #11: NL Donkament - $1,500
Fri, Jun 4th @ 11:00am Event #12: Limit Hold'em $1,500
Sat, Jun 5th @ 11:00am Event #13: NL Broke Dicks - $1,000
Sat, Jun 5th @ 5:00pm Event #14: 2-7 Draw Lowball (No-Limit) - $1,500
Sun, Jun 6th @ 5:00pm Event #15: Seven-Card Stud 8 Championship - $10,000
Mon, Jun 7th @ 12:00pm Event #16: NL 6-Handed - $1,500
Tue, Jun 8th @ 12:00pm Event #17: NL - $5,000
Wed, Jun 9th @ 12:00pm Event #18: Limit Hold'em - $2,000
Wed, Jun 9th @ 5:00pm Event #19: 2-7 Draw Lowball Championship (NL) - $10,000
Thu, Jun 10th @ 12:00pm Event #20: PLO - $1,500
Thu, Jun 10th @ 5:00pm Event #21: Seven-Card Stud - $1,500
Fri, Jun 11th @ 12:00pm Event #22: Ladies NL Championship - $1,000
Fri, Jun 11th @ 5:00pm Event #23: Limit Hold'em 6-Handed - $2,500
Sat, Jun 12th @ 12:00pm Event #24: NL Broke Dicks - $1,000
Sat, Jun 12th @ 5:00pm Event #25: Omaha 8 Championship - $10,000
Mon, Jun 14th @ 12:00pm Event #26: NL 6-Handed - $2,500
Mon, Jun 14th @ 5:00pm Event #27: Seven-Card Stud 8 - $1,500
Tue, Jun 15th @ 12:00pm Event #28: PLO - $2,500
Tue, Jun 15th @ 5:00pm Event #29: Limit Hold'em Championship - $10,000
Wed, Jun 16th @ 12:00pm Event #30: NL Donkament - $1,500
Wed, Jun 16th @ 5:00pm Event #31: HORSE - $1,500
Thu, Jun 17th @ 12:00pm Event #32: NL 6-Handed - $5,000
Thu, Jun 17th @ 5:00pm Event #33: PLH/PLO - $2,500
Fri, Jun 18th @ 12:00pm Event #34: Seniors NL Championship - $1,000
Fri, Jun 18th @ 5:00pm Event #35: Heads-Up NL Championship (256 max) - $10,000
Sat, Jun 19th @ 12:00pm Event #36: NL Broke Dicks - $1,000
Sat, Jun 19th @ 5:00pm Event #37: HORSE - $3,000
Sun, Jun 20th @ 5:00pm Event #38: PL Hold'em Championship - $10,000
Mon, Jun 21st @ 12:00pm Event #39: NL Shootout (2,000 player max) - $1,500
Mon, Jun 21st @ 5:00pm Event #40: Seven-Card Razz - $2,500
Tue, Jun 22nd @ 12:00pm Event #41: PLO 8 - $1,500
Wed, Jun 23rd @ 12:00pm Event #42: NL Donkament - $1,500
Wed, Jun 23rd @ 5:00pm Event #43: HORSE Championship - $10,000
Thu, Jun 24th @ 12:00pm Event #44: Mixed Limit/NL Hold'em - $2,500
Fri, Jun 25th @ 12:00pm Event #45: NL Donkament - $1,500
Fri, Jun 25th @ 5:00pm Event #46: PLO 8 - $5,000
Sat, Jun 26th @ 12:00pm Event #47: NL Broke Dicks - $1,000
Sat, Jun 26th @ 5:00pm Event #48: Mixed 8-Game - $2,500
Mon, Jun 28th @ 12:00pm Event #49: NL Donkament - $1,500
Mon, Jun 28th @ 5:00pm Event #50: PLO - $5,000
Tue, Jun 29th @ 12:00pm Event #51: Triple Chance NL - $3,000
Wed, Jun 30th @ 12:00pm Event #52: NL 6-Handed $25,000
Wed, Jun 30th @ 5:00pm Event #53: Limit Hold’em Shootout - $1,500
Thu, Jul 1st @ 12:00pm Event #54: NL Broke Dicks - $1,000
Thu, Jul 1st @ 5:00pm Event #55: PLO Championship - $10,000
Fri, Jul 2nd @ 5:00pm Event #56: NL - $2,500
Sat, Jul 3rd @ 2:00pm Ante Up For Africa Poker Tournament - $5,000
Event #57 - $10,000 Main Event Schedule:
July 5: Day 1A
July 6: Day 1B
July 7: Day 1C
July 8: Day 1D
July 9: Day 2A
July 10: Day 2B
July 11: DAY OFF - Media Event
July 12: Day 3
July 13: Day 4
July 14: Day 5
July 15: Day 6
July 16: Day 7
July 17: Day 8
November Nine Schedule:
November 6: Final Table
November 9: Heads Up
Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.