Sunday, August 30, 2009

O.E.

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA


When I was in high school, I used to drink Olde English 800 out of paper bags. We bought O.E. in bodegas because the Asian or Middle Eastern immigrants who worked behind the counters never carded us. These days O.E. takes on a whole new set of meanings in my vernacular. In case you were wondering, almost twenty years later, O.E. now stands for Op-Ed.

I'm starting a new weekly assignment next Sunday. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'll be writing Sunday morning Op-Eds over at Poker News.

When I was a little kid, newspapers were titans in the media industry and still meant something then circa the late 1970s. Newspapers were the major source of news in that era before the change shifted towards TV and cable news in the 1980s and then shifted again to the internet at the turn of the century. I always held Sunday Op-Ed writers in the highest regard. They were often feature writers (who didn't write for that paper) sounding off on a hot topic.

Thanks to Matt Parvis for bringing me aboard for the rest of the year. I welcome this prestigious opportunity to tackle a slightly different aspect of poker. Check back in with Poker News next Sunday September 6th for my first contribution.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment