Sunday, October 26, 2008

2Tall_Saint Wins Saturdays with Dr. Pauly

By Pauly
New York City

27 runners on a lazy Saturday showed up for the latest installment of Saturdays with Dr. Pauly, including a slew of rowdy Canucks such as Bam Bam and Kat. When it was all over, 2Tall_Saint from London would take it down.

My starting table included CheckRaise70, BamBamCan, Derek, marnisl, 8 PEOPLES, and Skow-go.

Yosoyveneno was Gigli. Alas, I missed the hand but think it happened on the second or third hand.

Early on I crippled Derek with Ah-Ad-Kc-Js. I flopped a full house. I fired out at the flop of Ac-8c-8d. Derek potted and I just called. The turn was a blank. I checked, Derek bet to put me all in and I called. Derek flopped trips eights. My hand held up and he was left with next to nothing.

I increased my stack to 3.7K and hit a couple of draws, then I doubled up StB. I went back near the top of the leaderboard when I won big hand with As-Ks-Kh-5s.

At the first break, I was 5/15 with 4.2K while Kat was chipleader with 7K.
The Final Table:
Seat 1: S.t.B (8905)
Seat 2: 2Tall_Saint (2305)
Seat 3: zagga (6655)
Seat 4: Vernicle (5955)
Seat 5: 8 PEOPLES (1590)
Seat 6: dredful (1500)
Seat 7: Katitude (6115)
Seat 8: DrPauly (6050)
Seat 9: ResdentEvil (1425)
I was doing well, but blew my chip advantage. The Last King of Scotland was short, but he doubled up with Aces.

I took a hit with Qd-Qh-3c-2h in a three-way pot. 8 PEOPLES took it down as dredful was eliminated in ninth place. I slipped to 4.3K and was fifth in chips.

I bottomed out at 2K before I attempted a comeback with a couple of steals. Alas, the run was over when I busted out in 8th place. I made a move in late position and ran into StB's Aces in the big blind. Busto.

Here's one of the biggest pots of the tournament. It was battle of the blinds. 2Tall_Saint called the small blind and zagga checked his option. The flop was As-6s-4h. 2Tall_Saint bet 800. Zagga potted to 3,200. 2Tall_Saint min-raised to 6,400. Zagga shoved all in for 9,810. 2Tall_Saint had him covered and called.

2Tall_Saint: Ad-9s-4c-3d
zagga: Ac-Qs-6c-2s 6c

Zagga's two pair was ahead. The turn was the 3c and the river was the 4d. 2Tall_Saint rivered a boat and Zagga (Acornman) was eliminated in fifth place during one of the biggest pots of the tournament. 2Tall_Saint was the chipleader before the hand, but he took out the only other big stack at the final table. He jumped up to 30K and had over 75% of chips in play.

Kat went out on the bubble with Kings against 2Tall_Saint's Aces. She was Bubble Girl. StB hit the rail in third when his Kings ran into 2Tall_Saint's Aces.
Heads Up Chip Count:
Seat 2: 2Tall_Saint (36140)
Seat 4: Vernicle (4360)
Vernicle made a run a doubled up on the last hand before the second break. He increased his stack to 12.7K as 2Tall_Saint slipped to 27.7. He won a couple of more pots and looked like it was going to be a match. However, 2Tall_Saint maintained his lead and eventually finished off Vernicle on the 28th hand of heads up play. 2Tall_Saint had 34.3K in chips to 6.1K. 2Tall_Saint raised to 1,800 and Vernicle called. The flop was 8d-7s-4s. Vernicle bet 3,600 and 2Tall_Saint called. The turn was the 10h. Vernicle bet his last 720 and 2Tall_Saint called.

Vernicle: Ah-Kc-10c-10s
2Tall_Saint: Qd-Jc-9d-8c

Vernicle had a set of tens against 2Tall_Saint's straight. The river was the Js and 2Tall_Saint won with a Queen-high straight. He won the pot and the tournament as Vernicle was eliminated in second place.
The Money Winners:
1. 2Tall_Saint - $135
2. Vernicle - $81
3. StB - $54
Thanks again to everyone who played and pimped the event. I appreciate your help. Congrats to 2Tall_Saint for the victory. Hope to see everyone next week. I'll be playing from Budapest!


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment