Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hoyt Corkins Robbed and Other Vacation Musings

By Pauly
Hollyweird, CA

One of the most horrible things to happen while you are on vacation is to discover that your home was robbed while you were away. That tragedy fell upon Hoyt Corkins as thieves emptied his home in Spanish Trails while he was out of state for the month.

Over the weekend, I received a voicemail from Lara Miller. She's Doyle Brunson and Hoyt Corkins's publicist and clued me in on the recent events. Lara wanted me to help get the word out about the robbery and what exactly was stolen. They originally made off with tons of loot including cash, several trophies, a WSOP bracelet, two cars, and Hoyt's motorcycle.

Well, according to the hombres at Wicked Chops Poker, suspects are in custody. Wonder if it was a broke ass poker player?

* * * * *

A tinge of depression rained upon me as I realize that my summer vacation is almost over. I head back to work next week with an assignment in Atlantic City. It has been over six weeks since the WSOP ended, but it seems like yesterday. It took me almost six weeks to unwind after seven weeks of madness of the WSOP.

I really enjoyed the last six weeks. I worked out a lot and started jogging for the first time since the accident. I played the most online poker that I had in months and became an Iron Man for the first time. I partied it up with friends in Denver and San Francisco, attended two music festivals, and got my mind fried in Golden Gate Park.

I spent some time unwinding in Los Angeles and my brother came out for a visit. I squeezed in random beach time up at Zuma in Malibu and read several books (I highly recommend The Road by Cormac McCarthy). I caught up on dozens of movies (including Pineapple Express... twice!) and watched the Olympics. And most importantly, I wrote fiction for the first time in ages.

I also painted four new pieces.

I published a new Flickr gallery of San Francisco and Outside Lands music festival photos.

I recently uploaded several videos of different bands including Radiohead, Widespread Panic, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, and Everest.

And here's the quickie video version of my recent excursion to San Francisco.


Overall, it was a productive vacation but still not over yet. Going to Radiohead tonight in San Diego, then flying to New York for the weekend.


Original content written and provided by Pauly from Tao of Poker at www.taopoker.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment