Thursday, December 08, 2005

Vegas Bound

I would like to take this time to thank everyone both readers and bloggers for all their encouraging words of support and condolences. Both Derek and I appreciate all of your calls, emails, IMs, and text messages over the past few days. It feels good to know that their are a lot of kind souls out there. I'm happy to know all of you. Thanks again.

Derek and I will be in Las Vegas no later than Friday... weather permitting. So I'll see you there. And yes, we will be playing in the tournament. And no, you cannot have our seats.

I will also be at the Bellagio next week with Flipchip covering the main event for the Five Diamond Classic. It's a WPT event and I expect to be live blogging the final table next Friday. Stop by and say hello.

*****

Thanks to the Poker Prof for selecting Tao of Poker as a Silver Prof winner. Tao of Poker has been selected for the second year in a row! Check out the rest of the winners. Thanks to the Prof and everyone who won.

*****

I have a new sponsor: Caribbean Sun Poker. I will speak more about them in a later post. They've been asking me to try out their site and I finally did. I never shill a site I don't play on. I've been playing on CSP (or Sun Poker) the past few weeks and lemme tell you... the players are awful! That's what I like about these newer sites... the players are bad and it's more fish for me to feed on because all the sharks are lurking on other sites. Anyway, for now, I'd like to thank Caribbean Sun Poker for coming aboard, especially to Mark. Stay tuned for more updates.

*****

Grubby recently posted about our trip to Excalibur before I went home to NYC for the funeral. Some old lady took all my money when she rivered quads on me. Unreal. Grubby wrote it up in a post called Schooled by Granny. She got to spin the wheel too. I turned a straight with my 4-7o. She limped with Jacks too. She also got quad Kings when we first sat down. Lucky fuck. We left after our favorite female floor person went home for the day. Thank God for Rodeo Week. She was dressed in tight jeans. Hubba hubba. I can't wait to go back.

*****

I've decided on what I'm going to do with the rest of this year. After the WPT Bellagio event next week, I'm going to play poker for a few days in Las Vegas before I return to NYC for Christmas. I'll spend the last week of the year doing absolutely nothing. No freelance work. Nothing aside from some personal writing and sleep. I need to boost my immune system and after the blogger weekend in Vegas, I know I'm going to be hurting. Plus, I did a lot of damage to my body this year and it's time to recharge. As the song goes...
I'm a goin' home. Whoa whoa baby, back where I belong,
Back home, sit down and patch my bones, and get back truckin' on.
Once January 1st rolls around I have less than three weeks to finish my Las Vegas book before my assignment at the Borgata in late January. That's going to be my main priority in 2006. Once that's done, I'll get back to writing on my many blogs, doing freelance work, and covering poker tournaments for various publications. I'm also postponing a big trip until after the 2006 WSOP ends. I'm going to do some light traveling early next year, but nothing major until next fall.

*****

That's it for now. See you in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment