Thursday, December 22, 2005

Pimp My Nuts: Radio Free Pauly, Spaceman Intervieweth, and Slot Whoring

Before Grubby went to Long Beach for the holidays, we stopped by Silverton for a little slots whoring. I won $22 playing Mr. Cashman. That's Grubby's favorite slot game.

I had a late lunch with Poker Prof and Change100. Afterwards we got drinks at the Sherwood Forest bar and I won $3 playing video poker. That's up $25 today on -EV games.

I played on Party Poker with Iggy, Helixx, Heather, -EV, and a reader named Dohpee who kept pissing himself. The Bad Beat Jackpot was over $420K when I left. (Editor's note: It's now at $438K!)

I also sweated Joe Speaker on a Full Tilt MTT. If you don't know Full Tilt has a reload bonus offer of 50% up to $300 running through Jan. 4th.

I played some PLO on Poker Stars. I doubled up when I flopped a Broadway with Q-10 and it held up. I always play different games when I'm in the middle of a losing streak to shake things up.

After I got some work done, I joined Change100 who was sitting at a juicy NL table in the Excalibur with a British guy who loved Thai hookers. When I sat down, he was telling the table about the $15/per day girls.

The guys on my end of the table were afraid of Change100.

"She's always has good cards," one frat boy metioned.

"Blondie over there?" I challenged, "No fuckin' way. She's a total California fish. I've played with her before."

They didn't buy it. Change100 managed to storm all the way back from $50 to over $400 and they were frightened. Fear the junkgrabber.

And me? I finally ended my losing streak. I doubled up playing $1/3 NL on a sketchy hand. I limped with 3d-4d. British guy raised to $10, his standard raise for better than marginal hands like middle pairs and A-J or A-10. Frat boy and me both cold call. The flop was J-6-7. British dude bet $10 and I was about to muck and said, "Ah, this is a loose call and tossed $10 into the pot."

The turn was a 5. I bet out almost the size of the pot announcing to the table I caught my card. British guy thinks and folds with a disgusting look on his face. Frat guy smooth called. River was a blank. When the frat boy checked, I moved all in. He sighed and called. He had 6-7 for two pair and I had the bitch end of the straight. Frat boy played his had terribly on the flop and I busted him. If he raised, I would have folded.

"On a fuckin' gutshot?" the Brit said to Change100. "Terrible. Terrible call."

I was only getting 4 to 1 on that "bloody awful" call, but the implied tilt odds were devestating. So much so that the British guy who loved Thai hookers stacked up his chips and left. I got him on tilt. I stacked up all my red chips into two huge towers and left a few hands later after doubling up. Hit and run is the way to rebuild your stack after a losing streak. It felt good to cash out up.

And now the pimping begins...

Thanks to Sean at the Lord Admiral Card Club Radio Show and Podcast for including me in this week's episode. I interviewed Phil Gordon which I taped a few minutes after Mrs. Head took $200 from him in Roshambo. It's hilarious.

If you don't know by now, Card Club the best and longest running podcast dedicated to poker in the universe, and I'm honored that those guys let me be a part! I'm no Joey Jeremiah, but over the last year, I've become a huge cult figure in Canada thanks to Cinci Sean & Brent Stacks. As always, I'm happy to be a part of their amazing show. Sean and Brent are working hard every week in Toronto to get their podcast done (for free) so stop by and show your support.
You can download the MP3 of this week's show... Episode 56: Here. (Right Click and Save As)
If you want to catch up and listen to previous episodes, please visit their archives over at Brainscat. Stop by Card Club at Lord Admiral Radio and check them out. Thanks again to Sean and Stacks for having me on.

By the way Lady Falcon did a little profile on yours truly and explained the cast of characters at one of her home games. Her blog is starting to take form. Some good stuff over there and you should check it out. I can't wait to get back to NYC and play with her again.

Thanks to F Train and Ugarte for helping out with their stellar (and free) legal advice for both me and Iggy. Good to know that we have such generous, cool, and resourceful friends in our community that don't think twice about pitching in and helping out their friends when some assclown tried to steal our stuff. We owe you guys.

By the way Spaceman wrote two pretty kick ass things. One is an interview with Wil Wheaton. The other is a piece he wrote about this asshole who played at our table last week at the IP. Derek, Jaxia, and Iggy were also there when the fucktard called Spaceman a donkey. Take a peek at Meet Cliff.

Make sure you download the latest Maudecast. She rules. Seriously. Maudie kicks ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment