Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Party Poker Musings

I got to play with Jerry yesterday for a little over an hour. We were on the same table ($.50-$1)and he kicked ass. He won $35 plus in an hour playing the lowest limit! I won $20+ at the same table. It was good to us. When we moved tables, I got housed by some nimrod who called a pre-flop raise with 4-7 against my J-J! Oh well.

I played in two online tournaments this week at Party Poker (NL $5 + $1). On Monday, I placed 210 out of 944. First place paid $911. My A-10 suited lost to A-A and I got knocked out. This morning, I was shortstacked with A-A and I went all-in. The chipleader had Q-Q and called me. I lost when he flopped a Queen and I came in 393rd place out of 971. That was the biggest tournament I played in to date. First place paid $1019 and the Top 100 places were paid prize money.

Old friends Schanzer and Brad downloaded Party Poker software in the past week. My vision of putting together a famous Phis weekly poker game is almost a reality. I first played poker seriously in my fraternity house (Phi Delta Theta) in Atlanta. I'm getting my other pals, Bob and Senor to get with the program so I can request a private table on Party Poker and I can have a weekly game with my old fraternity brothers, who are separated by distance and each live in different cities (Providence, NYC, Chicago, DC, Miami, & Atlanta). The wonders of the interent can bring us together once a week or twice a month, just like old times. Once word gets out that we're having a regular game... more alumni will hop aboard and I can get a bi-weekly game going.

No comments:

Post a Comment